Hagerty is best known as a classic vehicle insurer, but with a 600,000-member strong Drivers Club, a magazine with 1.9m readers, more than 1m monthly unique users visiting its Media site and 1.4m subscribers on YouTube, it is one of the world’s largest automotive lifestyle brands.
2021 sees increased investment across all aspects of the Hagerty business, particularly within its Media division. As a result, Hagerty editorial teams are increasing staff headcount, working with increased production budgets and have more resources to develop digital, print and video content.
James Mills was recently appointed as Editor for Hagerty UK, after a period as consulting Editor. Since joining Hagerty, James has increased the cadence of editorial delivery, introduced a number of set-piece features, negotiated global first test-drives, created the very first UK Bull Market report and has amassed a regular team of renowned freelance contributors.
Today Hagerty announces the appointment of Anthony Ingram as Assistant Editor for Hagerty UK. Anthony joins after a period as a freelance journalist but will be a familiar name to UK car enthusiasts after spending more than six years at Evo magazine, documenting some of the most exciting cars in the world. Prior to that Anthony worked with carwow and Car Throttle. Away from professional writing, Anthony is also a committed car enthusiast in his own right, with a passion for vehicles of all types and an encyclopedic knowledge of motoring facts and statistics.
This new appointment marks the start of an exciting year for Hagerty’s UK content team with a host of home-grown features, exciting new video content, a new approach to social media and an enthusiast-led event program launching throughout 2021.
James Mills, Hagerty UK Editor, said “Hagerty is the most exciting automotive lifestyle brand on the road, with a mission to bring together the community and enshrine driving for future generations. Antony Ingram will help us reflect that in the stories we share and help us engage with enthusiasts from all backgrounds.”
As part of its investment in the automotive community, Hagerty UK is also recruiting for a full-time Social Media Manager. Interested parties who want to join Hagerty on its exciting journey can find further details of the role here.
Hagerty UK’s stories can be enjoyed here
Hagerty’s global YouTube channel can be viewed here
Want to pitch story ideas to the Hagerty UK Media team? Click here
- Hagerty Media receives increased investment for 2021, forging its position as one of the world’s largest automotive lifestyle brands
- James Mills has been appointed as full-time Hagerty UK Editor – bringing extensive experience from the Sunday Times Driving, Top Gear and more
- Anthony Ingram joins Hagerty as Assistant Editor, after six years at evo magazine writing about some of the most exciting cars in the world
- Hagerty recently announced increased investment in broadcast content with 7 new, exclusive shows to be shown on their 1.4m YouTube channel
- Hagerty promotes automotive culture through its Hagerty Drivers Club Magazine, which has a circulation of 1.9m
Leave a Comment